I can't seem to get away from it...every where I turn...it is in my face...or at least it seems that way...it feels like everyone else's husband is coming home...on R&R....coming home on from their deployment early...and I can't help but think that Donnie left before theirs did...maybe I should stay off facebook for a while, and then I wouldn't know half of this information.
I try and remember that we are 63% done with this deployment (that is more than half way)! I remind myself of all of the things that I have to be thankful for during this deployment. I can make a pretty long list in my head. I know it could be so much worse. I tell myself that "it is what it is" and we will get through it! My own personal pep talk! It works most of the time. And it worked today when I gave it to myself!
And then this evening I realized it isn't just me that is feeling this way. It is my sweet little girl, who burst into tears when I reminded her that she has a long weekend coming up since they have no school on Monday. She said, it just reminds her of last year when Daddy came and ate lunch with her at the Veteran's Day lunch. So today at lunch her stomach hurt while she watched the other kids eating with their Daddy's or Grandpa's. And I of course, didn't think about going to eat with the kids for lunch (yes, I know I will probably get Mother of the Year). She said she didn't cry at school, she just held back her tears (breaks my heart). It is just another painful reminder of hard a deployment is...

Hang in there, Amy. You are more than entitled to feel sorry for yourself every now and again-- being without a family member is a big deal. You've done such a great job keeping everything together and all your fellow military wives are rooting for you! I'm sorry Katie is hurting and that her hurt hurts you-- an unfortunate occupational hazard of being a mom and military wife. Thinking of you and praying for you.
ReplyDeleteOh- praying for your sweet girl, your boys, you and Donnie. Your reunion WILL come. You are such a strong woman, wife and mother and I am glad this blog allows you to have a place to waiver if you are feeling emotional. You wouldn't be human if you didn't have moments of comparing to others or feeling sad. Lifting you all up on Monday......especially your Katie! And feeling blessed to have families like your who sacrifice everything for our great country! XXOO
ReplyDeleteAmy, your post put a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye. It hurts my heart to think of your sweet little girl's (and your boys most likely) heart ache. I am so sorry you all have to go through this, but just know that your friends are lifting you and your family up in prayer and that God will help you get through this tough time. I'm so thankful for Donnie's and the rest of our military's willingness to sacrifice for the rest of us to enjoy the freedom we have today. Love you and wish I could give you a hug. Your forever friend, Liz (Cromer) Williams xoxo
ReplyDeleteMy sweet friend...I fully understand days like these. Just remember the days go slow (especially the nights) yet the weeks go fast. And sometimes a good cry helps relieve some stress. It is such a long time to have your family split-up and to have your best friend be away for so long.
ReplyDelete