Wednesday, November 21, 2012

...thanksgiving...

A time to be thankful for all of the blessings that God has given us.

Luke made this turkey at school, and his teachers listed the things he is thankful for...

He said, my scooter, my brother and sister, my mom and dad, and my house and car. I love his list! It makes me smile to see what is important to him at 4 years old!

While we are busy getting ready for Thanksgiving, I am reminded just how far removed Donnie is from celebrating holidays. He had no idea Thanksgiving was this Thursday (he thought it was next week). He won't get to have a special turkey dinner or be with family or friends, it will be just like any other work day in Afghanistan. It makes my heart sad...

I hope the pine cone turkeys the kids made and the pecan pie (his favorite pie) I baked in canning jars brings a little Thanksgiving to him in Afghanistan!

...Happy Thanksgiving...

No comments:

Post a Comment