...to when our family is back together.
I think it is ironic that Donnie deployed on Armed Forces Day, a day meant to pay tribute to the men and women who serve in the United States' armed forces.
We tried to make to make this week and especially today as "normal" as we could for the kids. That is easier said than done considering what an emotional week it has been knowing that Donnie was deploying. We spent as much quality time together as we could; holding on to each moment and remembering the little things that are important.
The boys had a soccer game this morning. It was a beautiful sunny day, a perfect day to spend outside or playing soccer! For as beautiful a day as it was it was hard not to feel like a black cloud was looming overhead.
The rest of the day seemed to slip away, after an ice cream lunch, a few last minute chores, and some playtime outside. Before we knew it, it was time to say good bye...
I don't know what is harder...saying my own good bye or watching Katie, John, and Luke hug their daddy one last time before he had to go...my heart aches for my them.
My heart feels so heavy with Donnie gone. I pray God will keep him safe and that I can give the kids everything they need throughout this deployment. I am counting down the days until we are together again.
Saturday, May 19, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











Crying myself as I read your post. I am/will be praying!
ReplyDeleteThank you. I know you are here is I need you.
Delete