Saturday, May 26, 2012

Class of 2012...

The kids and I went to West Point to see the cadets we sponsored graduate. I love this time of year at West Point. It is absolutely beautiful when everything is green and blooming along the Hudson River. It also reminds me of going to Donnie's graduation 14 years ago on this same weekend. It was such a special time in our relationship. This is truly where we feel in love with each other. I wanted to share a few pictures from Donnie's graduation weekend.  (Oh my goodness we look so young!)

Donnie 1998
Donnie and I after his last parade as a cadet.

May 30, 1998
Donnie and I after graduation & his commissioning. 
What a handsome 2LT!
The kids and I were able to see two of "our cadets" get commissioned as 2nd Lieutenants.  It is such an emotional experience.  Is still remember Donnie's ceremony.  These amazing young men and women are entering our Army during a time of war and very soon soldiers will be looking at these new officers for leadership and guidance.  This is a lot of responsibly for such young officers.  I will be praying for each of you. 

J.C. did a Spiritual Commissioning which was held at the Cadet Chapel.  It was a beautiful ceremony showing their faith and commitment to God and our country.  We were only able to visit with J.C. for a minute before running over to Trophy Point to see another cadet.  Unfortunately this is the only picture I was able to take of J.C.
2LT J.C. Van't Land
(front row in the center)
We ran across campus trying to get to Trophy Point in time to see Eric's commissioning before it started to rain.  We didn't make it before the rain thunderstorm hit, and it was pouring!  Thankfully we did make it to the tent in time to see Eric and several of this friends get commissioned.  We met Eric and his family and his girlfriend, Megan the day before R Day.  I feel so blessed to have been a part of his West Point experience.  He is an amazing young man.  I know how proud his family and fiance, Megan are of all he has accomplished. 

Eric taking his Oath of Office

Eric and Megan are high school sweethearts.
Staying together during his time as a cadet
at West Point is a beautiful testament of their love.
2LT Eric Gross
Despite all of the rain and being drenched we were able to squeeze in a few pictures at Trophy Point.  

We were able to hang out with Connor and his family at his graduation party later that night!  The kids loved seeing all of "our cadets"! They were always so sweet with our kiddos!  Just as we have watched the cadets grow up, they have watched our kids grow up as well. 

2LT Connor McCarthy
I love that he is already wearing his Old Grad shirt!
Katie, John, and Luke loved all of the food at Connor's party! I think they tried every sweet treat!  Of course, their favorite part was playing with the sparklers!  So much fun! 

Congratulations to all of the cadets we sponsored while at West Point.  You are an amazing group of 2nd Lieutenants.  May God Bless You. 

No comments:

Post a Comment