Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Single Digits Baby!!!

We are so close I can't stand it! It has been 263 days since Donnie left for Afghanistan and we are getting so close to the end. Seriously, the excitement is indescribable! So we don't have an exact date yet, but according to the 5 day arrival window we have been given it is less than 10 days.

Looking back over this deployment I am amazed at what the kids and I have been able to do without Donnie. And while I wish he could have been here with us, I am very proud of how strong our kids have been throughout this deployment. We're almost there.....

No more listening to a book that daddy recorded for them, he will be here to read to them at night!
...he will be here to snuggle up with them
and watch their favorite TV shows...
....and dads always know how to build the best forts!...
...and while I am not sure exactly what kind of crazy
ninja game the boys were playing, I'm sure my big boy
will jump right in and play too....
...so we will keep passing them time, doing what we do...
 ...counting down the day until we welcome our soldier home...
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED this post!! And I am so incredibly excited for you all!! Enjoy this sweet anticipation and all the days to come. Sending love! Beth

    ReplyDelete