...I have been waiting 272 days to write those words...
I want to say thank you to everyone who supported us throughout this deployment...with their love, prayers, and support. To my friends who have truly been my family during this deployment. Thank you doesn't seem adequate, but I honestly could not have made it through this deployment without you! I want to say a special thank you to Jen Ulasiewicz who took beautiful pictures of our homecoming. She captured moments and emotions that I will treasure forever.
I see so many emotions on my face when I look at this picture taken before the ceremony. The exhaustion of so many sleepless nights, the nervous excitement (yes that is an emotion) I felt waiting to see Donnie for the first time, and my sweet little ones ready to find their Daddy and give him the biggest hug!
Once the ceremony started all of the soldiers marched in and like everyone else, I started looking for my soldier. He wasn't in the front, he must be at the back. Yes, that makes since, I kept looking as each solider filed into formation. Still no sign of Donnie.
At this point I began frantically scanning the rows of soldiers. I told myself, he is the only Major in the group of soldiers I should be able to spot him. As they played the national anthem I became teary and emotional that I couldn't find him. I knew he was there, I could feel it, but I couldn't find him.
And then all of a sudden he was sitting down in front of us. I looked over and he was reaching back grabbing John's leg to let him know he was there. The overwhelming joy I felt in that moment was indescribable! I didn't want to take my eyes off of him. I sat in my chair a few moments just starting at him, but I just couldn't take it. I got up gave him quick hug and kiss around his neck and sat back down.
I have no idea what else was said during the brief ceremony, but I felt such a weight lifted off of my shoulders. I was at peace, he was home.
Those first few hugs and kisses are so special.
I love that you can see the lipstick left on his neck from the first kiss I gave him. I love that he fought the urge to wipe the lipstick off his neck just for me.
Pure bliss.
Our family is complete once again.
















No comments:
Post a Comment