Tuesday, October 25, 2011

2nd Grade Field Trip

Katie's class took a field trip to pick apples at Behling Orchards!  It was a chilly fall day perfect for picking apples.  All of the kids were super excited to go on the field trip, especially since it was postponed the week prior due to the rain.  Finally field trip day arrived!  Katie was so excited for some of her friends to be riding in our car and that we could watch a movie and have a snack on the way! 

After a quick lesson on picking apples (you twist the apple off the tree) the kids were off to fill their bags with fresh juicy apples! 
Finding the right apple to pick from the tree!



Katie with her bag of apples!

Me & my girl!

Wagon ride around the orchard!
The kids learned all about different kids of ghords and how to make apple cider!  Apple picking season is almost over, so unfortately the kids didn't get to play in the corn maze.  Accoridng to Katie this is the only thing that kept this from being the best field trip ever!  I think that all of the kids had a wonderful time and were thrilled to be taking home a bag of apples and a pumpkin! 


Katie's Second Grade Class
I am so blessed to be able to spend days like this with my children!  Katie and I had an awesome day with her class!  I am so thankful that I am able to stay home so that it is easy for me to be a part of special days with my angels!

1 comment:

  1. I especially love the picture of you and Katie! Finally found your blog...I love it. The music is fun too.

    ReplyDelete