...that is just what I feel like I need for this weekend. I was excited that we had a free weekend. No birthday parties, no soccer games, nothing big we had to do this weekend. The only project I wanted to accomplish was to get Donnie's care package ready to mail. Check!
It was going to be a relaxing weekend. And for the most part, it probably was, but I feel defeated. As one of my sweet and loving children put it, "I miss Dad because he is more fun than you and he doesn't yell at us as much as you do." Yes, they are right. Dad is more fun, and he doesn't yell as much. I tried to be fun, calm, and relaxed. But, I continually found myself being short tempered and frustrated this weekend.
For example, I thought we would run a few errands this afternoon. Maybe this doesn't qualify as fun, but I agreed to let the kids bring their wallets so they could buy something with their own money if they wanted (this was going to be the fun part). I hate it when they spend their money on junk, but I let them buy what they want with their money. So we came home from our errands today with a new water gun, spinning sidewalk chalk, two new beyblades, and a dip-n-dot making machine. And no matter how good they really were, three stores later and hungry kids doesn't = a fun, calm, or relaxed momma. Once we got home, put away our groceries, and got some lunch; they were ready to tear into their new toys. I don't have any fun pictures of them playing with their new toys, because I was too busy helping put them together, showing them how to use them, or cleaning up the messes from the dip-n-dot machine. Again, something that should have been fun left me grouchy once again. Ugh! I'll spare the rest of my examples from the weekend, but you get the picture. It wasn't all bad. We did have some sweet and relaxing moments...
I will focus on the sweet moments and do my very best not to lose my patience. Here's to next weekend! We have a jam packed weekend, so maybe that will be more fun and relaxing!?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You'll find your groove...give yourself and them some time as well. It was your first weekend flying solo. It is hard to get used to 'different'.
ReplyDeleteYou'll all get better at it. Promise.