Sunday, February 12, 2012

Wrestling

John was very excited to start wrestling again this season.  Donnie was even able to help coach again this year.  John loves practice and is really becoming a good wrestler! 
Here are a few pictures I took at practice through the glass windows...


John was having so much fun at wrestling practice that he wanted us to sign him up for some wrestling meets!  You can tell by the look on this face in this picture that he was VERY excited! 

Too bad the excitement didn't last!  Wrestling is very intense and it is hard work!  John gets very worked up during the meet and he wants to win so so bad, but at some point during the matches he loses sight of everything and can only focus on how hard it is in that moment.  He can hardly get a breath of air, and even when he is winning, he just can't seem to regain his composure.  He just wants to quit.  A lesson that both Donnie and I thought we had taught him.  We don't quit!  Do your best and win or lose you can be proud of yourself!  Maybe wrestling isn't John's sport, or maybe he is just too young.  I think it is too soon to tell....



So for now, John is finishing out the rest of his wrestling season with practices only and no more meets. He is still developing his skills and learning new moves!  I am anxious to see what he want to do next year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment