Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Girlfriends...

...just what I needed after a week of sick kiddos.  I left praying that Luke was on the mend and in good hands with is Daddy!  Truthfully, I was a nervous wreck, but my weekend away had been planned for months.  I needed a weekend to laugh with my girlfriends.  To catch up on all the conversations that we haven't been able to finish because there is never a enough time on the phone to catch up and hear all the stories we want to tell each other...
Reunited in NYC

Time to say goodbye.
It was a weekend to shop, to have a glass of wine, and to laugh together.  We choose this weekend for several reasons but, in the back of my mind I knew this was the perfect weekend to getaway.  It marked the 3 year anniversary of my brother, Justin's death.  I didn't want to getaway to forget. I wanted to celebrate life and not allow myself to mourn all day.  So I laughed a lot, something that Justin loved to do!  He had a wonderful sense of humor, something that I dearly miss.

Thank you girls for a wonderful weekend full of love and laughter!


1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you got to get away...for all of the reasons you mentioned above. I can tell it is exactly what you needed! And very well-deserved...

    ReplyDelete