Friday, January 13, 2012

Mama called it...

Snow Day!

We woke up this morning to rain and lots of it.  I did a quick check on the computer to make sure we didn't have a school delay or cancellation (since the kids had a 2 hour delay for rain the day before, I assume there must have been some icy roads somewhere). No such luck!  So we all got ready for the school day.  Katie noticed that the rain had turned into snow as we were heading downstairs for breakfast.  It was coming down fast (can it be pouring snow?).  Within a matter a minutes it was a snowy/icy mess outside.  I did a few more checks on the computer and several more checks out the window, and decided to make the call.  It's a Snow Day!    The kids were thrilled when I told them they were not going to school!  Luke was a little disappointed that his field trip to the Jefferson County Transportation Department to learn about snow plowing was canceled, but he got over it!  
I took this picture after about 
20 minutes of the rain turning into snow!

\
The view from the front. 
I didn't want my babies on a bus in this weather!

The kids unpacked their lunches and got comfy to spend their snow day relaxing and playing!  I have been waiting for a snow day to make Snowman Cookies!  So that is just what we did! 



Snow update!  It was snowing and blowing all morning! 
This is the view at lunchtime from the backyard! 
Time to decorate the Snowmen Cookies!



We hired a guy to plow our driveway this winter.  Donnie was beginning to wonder if this was a good investment since we haven't been getting much snow this winter.  I also insisted we get a snow blower.  (He was supposed to be deployed after all).  After a day like today, I think it was worth every penny! 
Watching Mr. Ted plow the driveway!

He does a great job getting all
of the snow pushed to the sides!

These picture are for my Texas friends
and family who don't get to see snow plows!

Finished Snowmen Cookies.
The look on their faces after I told
them they could go play in the snow!
Bundle up because Baby, It's Cold (and windy) Outside!




Mazie watching the kids digging their snow fort!

It snowed all day, actually it is still snowing! 

Yes, I did shovel the side walk today! 
Where did it go?

A nice plowed driveway!
I wonder how it will look in the morning?
Thank goodness for Mr. Ted!
I think I am starting to understand what they mean when they say Lake Effect Snow! 
Welcome to the North Country Y'all!

My Snow Angels!

No comments:

Post a Comment