Tuesday, December 27, 2011

There is no place like home...

When our plane finally starts its decent into Dallas. I always look out the window and it feels like home. The view is always the same... on this trip home, probably about the time I was thinking that very thought, Donnie said to me, "Does it still feel like home when you come home now that your parents have moved?" My response was yes!  Although it is different, home is where your family is and I will always have many wonderful memories of my childhood home in Texas.  I think the hardest part of going home is knowing that I won't see Justin.  It is hard to believe that it will be three years without him in Feburary.  Going home is about seeing family for me.  
It just feels good to be back home.

My mom, sister and I did go and see Justin.  I know he is always with me in my heart, and I truly feel like I have an angel in heaven!

Christmas garland we made for Justin's headstone.

Katie and Parker enjoying the beautiful weather!
It wasn't this warm everyday, but it was warmer
than NY and we didn't need our winter coats.
I will take what I can get this time of year!

My kids LOVE that Mimi & Poppy have a jet tub!
A day didn't go by that they didn't take a dip in the tub!
Luke was pretending to be Santa in this picture!
Ho! Ho! Ho!

Katie & Ryder
Ryder was so cute playing with Katie.
He called Katie, "Sis-er" the entire time we were home!
He also called Donnie, Uncle Dongie, which
sounded a lot like Uncle Donkey! Hee Haw!
Absolutely precious!

Luke playing on his new Leap Pad!

Katie getting a pedicure!
She loves anything to do with a Spa Treatment!


For John this trip was about hunting!
Shooting the BB gun!

Checking on his target!

He was so excited to show me how good he shot!
I see a BB gun in his future!
Ry & his sis-er

For the kids, the trip home is all about
playing with their cousins!

The Jokers!
Savoring these memories until we are all together again...

No comments:

Post a Comment