Thursday, August 5, 2010

Bronx Zoo!

I am so glad that I can still manage to be spontaneous with 3 kids! We decided to join some friends on a last minute trip to NYC to visit the Bronx Zoo! In less than a hour, I had everyone up, dressed, feed, and a bag packed to head to the zoo! We had a wonderful time! It wasn't too crowded, just a little hot & sticky!


Katie & John riding the Bug Carousal...

The Butterfly Garden was beautiful! I love all the different butterflies fluttering around the gorgeous flowers...
The Koi Pond was one of the kids favorites in the butterfly garden...


Katie posing on the way out of the butterfly garden...


John...


Luke...

My beautiful butterflies...


Turtle crossing...

Another favorite was the Dora & Diego 4-D Adventure. I love how silly we all look in our glasses! The 4-D affects were great! Real bubbles, water spraying in your face, blasts of cool air, vibrating chairs! The kids LOVED it!


I love it when you catch the sweet little moments on camera...

Luke was super excited to ride the choo choo train, which he saw on the zoo map! After riding the Wild Asia Monorail, I think he finally got it! Choo choo train or monorail, it doesn't matter what you call it, he LOVED IT!
John ready to ride!
Katie & Luke...
My favorite animals to see were the lions. There were 3 new cubs. It was so sweet to see the whole family together!

Some of our other favorite animals of the day...
John getting a closer look at the prairie dogs...

Katie playing on the Rope Spider Web in the Children's Zoo!
John in the tree slide...
The kids & I at the end of a great day at the Bronx Zoo! I love being able to share new places and adventures with the kids. It's so fun to see things through their eyes! And even sweeter to hear their excitement as they tell Donnie all about the FUN day we had at the zoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment