...playing with Melissa & Justin...family dinners...laughing with friends & family...holidays...I even got engaged in my backyard at this house...
But, if being an Army wife has taught me anything, I have learned that a "house is a house" and home is where your family is...you can take your memories with you wherever you live. My parents are in the process of selling this house (and I do hope that it sells soon for them), so I had to go visit the house one last time on my trip home. I took several pictures, but the only one that really means anything is this one of my brother, Justin's hand print in the cement at the bottom of his basketball goal...
I don't remember how old he was when he got this, but I am pretty sure it was for one of his birthdays. I miss him so much, and wish he were here to make memories with us in my parents new house, which I love and I know that Justin would have too! I am so blessed and thankful to have so many wonderful memories of Justin that I can take with me in my heart wherever my home is! I love you, Justin!
Aw, wow...I'm so glad you got the opportunity to say goodbye to the house and capture a special remembrance of Justin. After so many years with that house it must have been quite a walk down memory lane. That place had a definite energy to it with your family there! Big hugs!!!
ReplyDeleteoh the memories in that house while we were in middle school!! so fun!!! and justin's hand print is just precious!!! goodness!
ReplyDelete