
John has been begging me to get a coconut at the grocery store so we can have coconut milk. I am not sure where he got this idea, TV I am sure! Anyway, I gave in and bought a coconut the other day when the store didn't have any ready made coconut milk. And it is no easy task breaking into a coconut! After a quick "How to video" on the Internet, John and I got right to it! We did manage to get the screwdriver through the "eye" of the coconut, but no milk came out. Then we cracked it open with a hammer! Still no coconut milk, not even a drop! John didn't like the taste of the coconut meat, so that was the end of our coconut adventure! But, come to find out you can make your own coconut milk by grating the fresh coconut meat and squeezing it, along with a bunch of other steps I am not up for doing! Guess we will have to look for a grocery store that carries coconut milk!
No comments:
Post a Comment