Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend!

We enjoyed a great Memorial Day Weekend! I can't tell you how nice it was to have our little "Party of 5" together again! We took advantage of the great weather and grilled out for my birthday on Friday night. The kids and I were thrilled to have Donnie home! What a great birthday treat!

Saturday was filled with family errands and a night in NYC for us!

We spent Sunday morning at Dragon Park where we attempted to teach the kids to ride their bikes without training wheels. A lot of the neighborhood kids have learned to ride on just "two wheels" and Katie & John had both mentioned they were ready to learn, so I told them when Daddy was home we would give it a try! After plenty of tears and frustration, Katie finally started peddling on "two wheels" all by herself! She still needs some practice, but I think she is on her way! John even gave it a go too! I think the only one who will need training wheels soon will be Luke!
Luke was perfectly happy just playing outside on his "bike"!

After all the bike riding and some much needed naps we headed to Krazy City for some more fun! Katie & John LOVED the roller coaster! I lost track of how many times they rode it!

Luke was too short for the roller coaster so he did some kiddie bowling with Dad! We finished the evening off with dinner at The Cheesecake Factory! Yummy!

Monday morning we went out to Round Pound to do a little fishing before Donnie had to go to the airport. I think everyone, but Luke caught a fish! Here is Katie's first catch of the day!
And John's first catch of the day!
They even managed to get in some time on the Gator this weekend!
I am thankful to have fun family weekends like this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment