Thursday, August 23, 2012

Maryland Adventures...

Urban Pirates

We had a great time on our pirate adventure cruising the Baltimore Inner Harbor.  Arrgh!

I love this group picture!
Shortly after our two families met at West Point we went on a little pirate adventure together!  Flashback!
Brooke and I back in 2008
We were some young looking pirate wenches!

Luke, John, Katie, Anna Belle, and Brady
 
Look how little our
pirates were back then!
Luke was just a little baby pirate and
Anna Belle wasn't even born yet! 
 
The pirate cruise was so much fun! They dressed you up like pirates as soon as you boarded the ship.  The kids all got cool pirate names and picked out pirate tattoos.  Once we were all dressed like pirates we set sail on the Fearless.  They taught the kids how to sing, dance, and play games like salty dogs!




 
The best part was shooting the water cannons at the evil pirate Mad Dog who was trying to steal our precious treasure!  In the end the pirates saved the treasure, and everyone got to take home some pirate booty!  After we got back to land, I asked Luke what his favorite part was and he said, "Shooting the cannons.  I can't even believe we defeated Mad Dog!"  Love it!



 
I think Brooke and I are crazy because after our pirate adventure we hit up the National Aquarium with this tired bunch of kiddos!  Good thing the sharks didn't get us!


1 comment:

  1. I love the looking back pictures...

    That place looks like fun!

    And yes the trip to the Aquarium may have been a little over the top but so adventurous! I would have done the same thing.

    ReplyDelete