Picnic in the park, a trip to the zoo, and ice cream! A perfect summer day! The kids and I planned our week of summer fun based on the forecast. That seems like smart idea, right? No rain in sight! Except in the middle of our picnic lunch it started to rain, and I don't mean a little sprinkle. We finished our picnic in the car, and waited the storm out....
 |
The kids thought it was fun
eating in the back of the Expedition. |
We decided to visit the zoo while the playground dried out a bit. We love it when we get to see the black bears....
 |
| Mama Bear |
 |
RRR-ARRR!
Katie pretending she is bear coming out of her cave! |
 |
| Seeing the mountain lion up close. |
 |
| Playing on the web. |
 |
| Group picture in the butterfly exhibit! |
The sun came out and dried out the playground. It was a beautiful afternoon, and the kids were able to spend lots of time running and playing together.
 |
| Enjoying the tire swing together! |
 |
| Ice cream cones before heading home! |
We had a wonderful day together, just the 4 of us. I am afraid to even type this (for fear I will jinkz us) but I think we might just be finding our summer groove.
They are all growing up so quickly. I want to hold on to the special memories we make each day. I want to make sure I remember the funny or sweet things they say and do each day. I think my favorite thing about summer is being able to spend so much extra time with my babies!
Happy Summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment