My sweet & sassy little girl is 8 years old!
Happy Birthday Katie!
Katie is a girl after her my own heart. She is all about making the most of her birthday (milking it for all it is worth). Personally, I think we should have a birthday week! Saturday started off her birthday festivities with the birthday party, then on Sunday I took her for a mani/pedi! And not just any mani/pedi, she convinced me she needed the spa pedicure and designs on her nails and her toenails!! Can you say spoiled, I mean little princess!
 |
| Birthday Nails! |
<>
Katie really wanted money for her birthday. She has been saving up to get some stuff from the American Girl store. So she got some money to spend at American Girl, and this horse for her AG doll. She also got a lot of money from family and friends for her birthday. She was able to order just what she wanted from American Girl online! I have one happy girl!
>
 |
| Birthday Girl! |
After a special birthday dinner it was time to have some cookie cake and make her birthday wishes!
 |
| Time for cookie cake! |
 |
| Love these faces! So happy! |
Eight short years ago I became a mom for the first time. I didn't think my heart could feel as full as it did the moment I first held Katie in my arms. I was over come with emotions. I love you, Katie!
 |
| Katie, 1 month |
Being a mom is one of the greatest gifts that God has given me. I am so blessed.
 |
| Katie, 3 months |
Katie is my girl, my princess, my girlie girl. The daughter that was made perfectly for me. She has always loved dresses, hair bows, make-up, nail polish, shopping, a girls day out. And even today, at eight, she still loves all things girlie, except the hair bows, but on occasion I can even convince her to wear a bow!
 |
| Katie, 1 year old. |
She loves to listen to music and dance! She would have music blasting all the time if I let her. This is something that she gets from her Dad. Don't get me wrong, I love music, and Katie and I have similar taste in music, but I can't take it all the time. Katie & Donnie can't seem to live without it! She even told me the other day, she wasn't feeling well and thought she just needed to listen to some music. I guess
music does heal the soul.
 |
Katie, 2 years old
Wearing my old dance costume! |
Katie is my princess and she loves to be pampered and feel like a princess. She also loves to pamper other people. She has the sweetest little hands and gives the best neck, back, and foot rubs.
 |
| 3 years old, Halloween |
Fun in the sun! Katie loves to play outside with her friends. She loves the water and could spend the entire summer swimming! Spring and Summer are her favorite seasons!
 |
| 4 years old, Summer |
Katie is very smart! She is a diligant student and always trys her best! I am so proud of all she has learned.
 |
5 years old
First day of Kindergarten |
Katie is an amazing young lady. She is very senstive and
understands so much more than I ever thought she could as an eight year old. She has such a caring and loving heart and wants to make sure everyone is taken care before taking care of herself.
 |
6 years old
Katie & her AG doll after a Girls Day in NYC |
Growing up as a military brat has taught Katie many lessons. Some of them harder than others. I hope that our time living at West Point gave her a little insight into some of Army's traditions and about the sacrfices that these young men and women make to serve our country. I am so proud of you, Katie!
 |
7 years old
West Point Graduation |
I can't wait to see what age eight holds for you!
I love this post...better than a yearly birthday letter. She is so loved.
ReplyDelete